Whether you want to store personal paper records or professional paper records, setting up a storage solution can quickly turn into a nightmare if you are not prepared. Some will prefer digitalising everything while others will choose archive storage. If you plan to keep your files for a long period of time, consider storing them in an archive storage facility. This will make organising your office or home easier, as well as freeing up additional space while keeping your vital documents safe and secure.
If you decide to store your important files in an archive storage facility, there are a few tips you should follow in order to make the experience as smooth and painless as possible. In this article, we will give you all the keys you need to self-store you important papers efficiently.
Setting up for storage
Paper that will be stored long-term should be printed on acid-free paper whenever possible as acid-free paper has a much longer lifespan than regular paper. It is also necessary to regulate the humidity levels and light and heat exposure in your unit. Taking all these precautions will allow you papers to stay in good condition on the long run.
Unexpected damage could occur despite taking all essential procedures to ensure the integrity of your documents. Accidents or natural catastrophes are examples of events that might cause significant damage. However this is not in your control. To avoid stress linked to this possibility, you should consider making multiple copies of originals and consider digitising everything, or at least the most important files.
- Make sure that each box or container is neatly labelled with a permanent marker pen or with stickers before you begin putting you documents in storage. This will make finding what you need much quicker next time you need to find a document.
- Make a note of everything that you wish to store to ensure that you know exactly what is stored and where it is stored.
- Creating a list while you pack for storage will allow you to keep track of everything and will help you see if anything has been forgotten or misplaced.
- Make sure your boxes are evenly distributed. Boxes should not be overloaded. Your boxes should then be arranged evenly, with the largest on the bottom and the smallest on the top.
- Put the most frequently used documents at the front of the box. Organise your storage unit by placing any items that you believe you will need in the near future at the front of the unit. You will then be able to conveniently access them without having to completely unload and repack your entire storage unit.
If you are interested in storing your important documents, we can help! We offer an archive service with free initial box collection, fireproof storage, storage to destruction service as well as document indexing, tracking & retrieval. Our facilities are fully compliant with GDPR and are
ISO 9001 & ISO 27001 certified. We offer business archive storage, financial storage, legal archive storage, medical archive storage, document indexing, document scanning, document storage boxes as well as an online file management service.
With our archive services, you are in control. We make the storage process very transparent so you can keep an eye on everything. With our management service you can simply manage documents, index, search, and retrieve information from the convenience of your own home or workplace. For storage, you can use your own boxes or we can provide you with archive boxes. You can contact us anytime for document retrieval or more. We will accompany you all the way to secure destruction of no-longer-needed documentation. We will assist you even step of the way! To learn more, visit our website or get in contact with us.